Friday, March 14, 2008

48Straight


This year's 48Straight event is a continuation of the inagural event from last year. Last year Sun Valley was the first leg of the series, during a time that provided harsh conditions to shoot photos due to the extreme cold. Today's event was held during much better conditions...however, with the warm spell we've seen lately, it made for snow conditions where the top layer of the snow is a thin crust, opening to a deep powder underneath. I decided to take a different approach to shooting the event by starting at the top of the course and making my way down to the bottom, shooting along the way...What a mistake! I spent the majority of the snowboardercross struggling to pull myself out of the snow after each step forward! To say the least, I was very frustrated by the time I made it to the bottom of Dollar Mountain...However I was able to learn a lesson from it!

No comments: